Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Monoprinting_4



So, this prac session, I spent time researching Picasso and then attempting my version of 'primitivist', as a self portrait. I had a go at printing two colours, for as much variation as possible, and moved the 'plate' around to experiment with form. Had a go with relief printing and direct application to glass for this one.

I spent much of the session working on the transfer drawing method (with an attempt at an 'automated scribble').

Incorporating fetish and medieval iconography ...




Still early days, butI'm looking at dance masks and the fetish theme... may look into woodcuts for this one...





Because of the research today, I think I've gone a little 'academic', and didn't get as much 'spontineity in image' out of the session, as the previous ones. But I certainly found experimenting with 2 or 3 images in various techniques incredibly useful....

No comments: